Mon-Fri 8a-5p (shift may vary)
- Specimen Handling and Processing: Prepare tissue specimens obtained from surgical procedures, biopsies, or autopsies for pathological examination. This involves gross description, dissection, and preparation of tissues for microscopic analysis.
- Data Management: Document detailed information about specimens, accurately recording their origin, handling procedures, and any pertinent clinical information for diagnostic purposes.
- Assisting Pathologists: Support pathologists during autopsies, aiding in the examination process, sample collection, and preparation of autopsy reports.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure adherence to quality control measures, maintaining accuracy and precision in laboratory tests, and following established protocols and standards.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate effectively with pathologists, laboratory staff, and other healthcare professionals to facilitate efficient specimen handling, analysis, and reporting.
- Education and Training: Stay updated on advances in pathology techniques and procedures, participating in continuing education and training programs to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Must be ASCP accredited with a min of 1 year hospital experience
- Completion of an accredited Pathologist Assistant program
- Must be able to perform grossing on large complex cases
- Strong understanding of anatomical pathology techniques and procedures
- EPIC experience is preferred
- Dress code: Scrubs
Please submit resume and complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org
SouthEastern Pathology (SEP) is a pathologist-owned laboratory in Rome, GA. We've served Northwest Georgia for over 50 years and have earned a wonderful reputation throughout the community. Our group is seeking a certified phlebotomist to join our team.
SouthEastern Pathology is looking for a hardworking, reliable, and honest individual to serve in our patient service center. The phlebotomist’s duties include but are not limited to collecting specimens, preforming routine phlebotomy (i.e. venipuncture), receiving and inputting test orders in LabCorp’s computer system, performing and maintaining records of quality control, and meeting competency standards.
- High School Diploma
- Successful completion of Certified Phlebotomy training program
- Basic Knowledge of the use and operation of general office equipment
- Organizational skills
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist
- Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
- Strong communication skills
SouthEastern Pathology offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), paid time off, health insurance package, and 401k plan.
How to Apply / Contact:
Please fill out an application and send an updated resume to email@example.com