Histology Bench Tech/Supervisor
SouthEastern Pathology, located in Rome, Georgia, is an independent medical laboratory seeking an ASCP-registered, experienced bench tech/supervisor for our busy histology department. We are a team-oriented, fast-paced department of 6 histotechs and 4+ aides. Responsibilities and abilities for this M-F, 6 AM-3PM shift position include:
- Daily participation in, and oversight of, routine histology bench functions – embedding, microtomy, staining, cover slipping, case assembly/distribution and archiving.
- Assurance of CAP, CLIA and State of Georgia, HIPAA, safety, and OSHA regulatory requirements including departmental policy and procedure maintenance and record-keeping.
- Supplies and inventory maintenance with invoice verification.
- Perform and manage case referral and send-outs.
- Co-ordinate staff assignments, requested time off and time sheet approval for department members.
- Oversee and maintain equipment contracts for service, repair, preventive maintenance, proper operation and replacement.
- Maintain/monitor waste removal services.
- Troubleshoot and correct suboptimal performance with root cause discovery.
- Assist with meeting preparation, HR requirements, and enforcement of company policy.
- Assorted clerical tasks utilizing Microsoft Office Word/Excel programs and LIS user interface.
- Co-ordinate with pathologists and administration directly.
- Demonstration of clear communication skills.
- Physical requirements essential to the job include: standing, walking, sitting, good hand dexterity, climbing stairs, balance, stooping, kneeling, crouching, speaking, hearing and intact sense of smell. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds is required. Visual acuity and normal color perception is required.